Gulf COAST is a prospective registry of patients admitted to hospitals and diagnosed with acute coronary syndrome. Participating countries are: Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman and United Arab Emirates. It was launched mid January 2012. www.gulfcoastregistry.org
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven, integrated biopharmaceutical company. AstraZeneca employ over 61,000 people worldwide.
Kuwait University was founded in October 1966 as amended by Decree Law No. 29 of 1966. Number of students at KU has now reached 32875.
Client wanted to develop Web Based Patient Registry Software for â€œGulf loCals with acute cOronAry Syndrome evenTs Registryâ€ – Gulf COAST along with the paper CRF filled (Sample size is 4000 Patients) in 38 hospitals among 4 participating countries (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman and UAE) over course of 1 year. Also develop smart online system for Patient followup 1 month, 6 month and 1 Year. Indeed client wanted a technology consultant who would take over technical responsibility including design, development, deployment & maintenance support.
Project Requirements, Challenges, and their Solutions
Based on past experience with us Client gave this opportunity to Peerbits to come up with solution to above situation. Hence after thorough analysis and planning peerbits Designed and implemented custom-tailored Web-based Software that will enable client to reduce cost, improve clinical decision-making and reducing medical and medication errors.
System major features
Some of the key features of the application are as following
- Web-Based = Rapid and collaborative data collection among 4 countries, 38 hospitals & 180+ Doctors
- Continuous data cleaning from the start. Online data entry program has automated
data checks with data queries immediately displayed to the user for missing fields, out of range values and contradictory entries
- eCRF Status Monitors the Progress and Quality of Data Entry for Each Patient
- Separate Portal for Site Officer (SO), Chief Site Officer (CSO), National Coordinator (NC), Study Manager (SM), Principal Investigator (PI)
- Patient “Transfer” – transfer patients among centers for secure, collaborative care
- Smart followup system for examining 1 month, 6 month & 1 year outcomes e.g. mortality, re- infarction, stroke and intervention with either PCI or CABG.
- Save valuable time with EXCEL based reports that can be generated anytime with “one click”
Peerbits used CakePHP Framework to create this custom web-based system. The application is coded in PHP and runs on a MySql database and hosted on Linux server with Apache.